· Our store is a Full Service Paddlesports Store and feature the area’s largest selection of Canoes, Kayaks, Stand-Up-Paddle Boards and Accessories. We specialize in one sport only -- Paddling -- and we have the knowledge and experience to help you select the appropriate equipment for YOUR individual paddling needs.
· Most of us at Blue Mountain have been paddling for many years and that's the reason we're in this business. Take our paddling experience, in combination with the envious position of being able to "try-out" just about anything available today, throw in our teaching experience for good measure, and you start to understand why we know what works and, more importantly, what doesn't. We also know that just because something "works" for us, it may not "work" for you, your grandmother, or your next door neighbor. We will never try to over sell you, but rest assured, we will never undersell you either!
· The selection here at BMO is a large enough to make choosing your new canoe or kayak even scarier than buying a car, but take heart, you've come to the right place! After determining your current and future paddling interests, your budget, your physical size (face it, we all come in different sizes and shapes), and what load you intend to carry, we can usually narrow the choice down to a boat or two. We'll leave the color selection up to you. This is what a 'Specialty Store' is all about and we're never snobs -- even if you are just starting out.
· Another example of our 'Specialty Store' services: we routinely split car top rack systems so that you don't have to purchase two racks of a particular style, when all you need is one. Pick-up trucks are an example of where two different styles of bars and support hardware are required for the front and rear rack. We stock Thule and Spring Creek rack systems. We also install racks for a nominal fee or free of charge, depending on the complexity.
· We've been blabbing away about the size of our inventory and, to justify the use of these superlatives, we just went out and made a count of paddles and boats. We typically have over 200 kayak paddles, over 300 canoe paddles, over 100 canoes and over 200 kayaks in stock; and this does not include our rental fleet.
· Non-paddlers find many items in our store useful: motorcycle riders love our drybags, waterproof hard cases and Polartec® gloves; fishermen go for the neoprene booties with felt inserts on the soles; and field engineers find the waterproof cases useful as instrument cases and lunch boxes (this might seem a little overboard, but hey, a wet sandwich is a wet sandwich). So stop in, browse around, and use your imagination.
· Even if you don't need anything at all, just stop by to say "hello"! We are always happy to see our friends and customers and we certainly appreciate your patronage!
|Accessory Sale - Orange Tag Specials:
· There are many reduced price items in the store that are identified by a fluorescent orange price tag.
· A concentration of reduced priced items are found on the Blowout Tables, but the orange tags can also be found throughout the store.
· Reduced priced items include: overstocked, discontinued, scratch and dent, and stuff we're tired of looking at.
|Rent to Buy Program:
· Just to make sure you get what you need, we have a Rent-to-Buy program. Rent a boat for a day or a weekend, purchase a similar boat within 30 days, and deduct the rental price from the purchase. Gather up a few friends, rent a few boat variations , and play musical boats on the way down the river. There is no better way to sort out the differences! We don't have every model in our rental and demo inventory, but we have the touring and recreational lines pretty well covered. For more information about renting, see our Canoe and Kayak Rental page. Sorry, we don't rent whitewater boats.